Iceland Manufacturing invited Lindum to assess their current packaging processes, identify opportunities for improvement and recommend any necessary changes to produce more efficient packaging operations.
Findings and Solutions:
We identified the following opportunities for improvement:
- Pallet stability
- Packaging waste and cost reduction by removing excess packaging components
- Improving end of line capabilities and efficiency
We implemented the following solutions:
- Use of Caregrip pallet layer sheets to improve carton strength, pallet stability and reduce packaging waste by eliminating cardboard corners & corrugated layer sheets.
- Use of high performance Carestretch pallet wrapping film to reduce the amount of film required to wrap each pallet and to increase stability.
- Less plastic – 59% less pallet wrapping film used to wrap each pallet. This equates to removing more than 19 of these full of plastic from the waste stream every year!!
- Less packaging waste – No cardboard corners or corrugated layer sheets.
- Less risk – Improvement in pallet stability.
- Less cost – 42% reduction in pallet wrapping costs.